Sunday, March 18, 2007

Madeleine Progress 3


I have altered the stroke on Madeleine to be more "50's." In my research I didn't find a lot of stroke variation. Also, the letter forms are more consistent. I have abandoned the idea for a more spontaneous script. It's important to note that the idea was a script inspired by 50's scripts; not a complete duplication. Still, I think this stroke looks better. I found some neat reference material, so I may do a truly 50's script in the future. I think that 50's-esque design is coming back a bit. Take a look at some of Target's advertising. As a whole, they had some very interesting design in those days.

It's interesting to compare the experience of designing Lorelei vs. Madeleine vs. Asturias. Strangely enough, the experience was a lot more like Asturias. I began with an idea for a more spontaneous and irregular script and found I had to dial it back. I think that Lorelei is fairly spontaneous. I'm still trying to figure out how Lorelei worked in that form but Madeleine doesn't.
I'm trying to bring this blog more towards progress, as originally intended, instead of my general commentary on design/world affairs.
Post a Comment